Frequently Asked Questions
Does Spectral City mean ghost tours?
If you're looking for a ghost tour... yes! It also means we offer a spectrum of different experiences!
Why Spectral City Tours?
We are focused on your experience:
• Always small group tours, 14 people maximum on all public tours!
• Our guides are veteran storytellers who love the history, and have a comedy focus.
• We have a comedy & entertainment focus, while packing in a lot of history.
Our tours run about two hours, give or take a little.
Is there walking involved in a walking tour?
Don't worry! The total walking distance is about half a mile, with no more than a few blocks between any stop. We take a break halfway through the tour, for refreshments.
Can we go into the buildings?
Mostly, no. The French Quarter & Garden District are on the Federal Register of Historic Buildings. It's not legal to take paid tour groups into residential buildings there. Tour groups may advertise leading their guests through interiors, but this is just briefly going through businesses already open to the public -- as we may also do on some tours, but don't want guests to have the wrong impression.
When are the tours?
We are open Thursdays-Mondays -- closed Tue & Wed, except for private bookings. Our haunted tours are usually available at 5 PM and 8 PM daily, while our Garden District Secrets & Scandals Tour is 10:30am & 2pm.
Daytime French Quarter History Tours and Storyville "City of Sin" Tour are available for private bookings.
Click "Book Now" to see tour availability. Private Tours are available - call for more info!
• You may take photos!
• Wear comfy shoes.
• Come dressed for the weather: sun, heat, rain, etc.
• If you like to snack, bring a snack! Eating is fine so long as it is not disruptive to the tour.
• Tour guides rely on tips! While they're certainly not required, please bring cash in case you do feel like your guide deserves something extra!
What's the Cancellation Policy?
Customers will receive a full refund or credit with 24 hours notice of cancellation. Tours will run rain or shine except in extreme weather conditions. Contact us by phone to cancel at (504) 603-6673. No-shows will be charged the full price. We may not be able to assist late arrivals in locating the tour, as the guide cannot be reached on phone once the tour is in progress.