Frequently Asked Questions
- adjective -
• Of or like a ghost,
• From the word "specter"
Why Spectral City Tours?
We are focused on your experience. Check it out:
• Our group sizes are ALWAYS small, maxing out at 12-14 Guests. That means you won't be crammed into a group of 28+ people.
• Our guides are veteran storytellers who are enthralled with the (absolutely amazing) history of New Orleans and love to share it.
• The extras! We are excited to give guests maps of the French Quarter with local recommendations, our guides are always in full costume, we take Polaroids of each group for so you have a take-home memento, and our guides use ghost meters to enhance your experience.
Our tours run between an hour and a half to two hours, depending on how cooperative the French Quarter is feeling at the time
Don't worry! The total walking distance is less than a mile. And just in case it still sounds like a bit much you'll be happy to know that we take a break halfway through the tour, usually at a bar!
Rain or shine?
Yep! Our tours will run except in extreme weather conditions (hurricanes, etc). If it's looking like rain it's a good idea to bring an umbrella.
When are the tours?
Specters & Secrets Ghost Tours are usually available at 5 PM and 8 PM daily, while our Gardens & Graveyards historical tours run at Noon on Fri, Sat, Sun, & Mon.
Click "Book Now" to see tour availability. Private Tours are available - call for more info!
• Bring a camera (or just use your phone) and take a lot of pictures.
• Wear comfy shoes. You don't want to walk around in heels (trust us).
• Wear weather appropriate clothes. Sure, New Orleans is often hot and muggy, but sometimes it gets cold, so check the weather.
• If you like to snack, bring a snack! Eating is fine so long as it is not disruptive to the tour.
• Tour guiding is a heavily tip based industry, so remember to tip your guide if you feel they did a great job!
What's the Cancellation Policy?
Customers will receive a full refund or credit with 24 hours notice of cancellation. Tours will run rain or shine except in extreme weather conditions everyday. Contact us by phone to cancel at (504) 603-6673. No-shows will be charged the full price.